• Ripple has pledged to donate $1 million in its native crypto XRP for earthquake relief efforts in Turkey and Syria.
• Ripple is contributing $250,000 (approximately 654,000 XRP) directly through its Ripple Impact Earthquake Relief fund.
• The company will match all other crypto donations to the fund in a 2:1 ratio up to a limit of $750,000.
Ripple Pledges Million Dollars In Crypto For Earthquake Relief
Cryptocurrency company Ripple has committed upto a million dollars of XRP coin to several organizations collecting funds for relief operations after an earthquake rating 7.8 on the Richter scale hit Turkey and Syria on February 6.
Ripple Impact Earthquake Relief Fund
Ripple announced through Twitter that it would directly donate around $250,000 (approximately 654,000 XRP) through its Ripple Impact Earthquake Relief fund, hosted by Crypto for Charity.
The fintech firm has also announced that it would match all other crypto donations to the fund in a 2:1 to a limit of $750,000. This means that for every dollar of crypto donation, Ripple will contribute $2 till the upper limit of $750,000 is reached.
Organizations Benefiting From Ripple Fund
According to the fintech company, the Ripple Impact Earthquake Fund will equally distribute all the funds received to four non-governmental organizations (NGOs) – CARE, World Central Kitchen, Mercy Corps, and the International Rescue Committee (IRC).
- CARE: providing food ,shelter hygiene kits warmth supplies and cash assistance in Syria and Turkey.
- World Central Kitchen: distributing meals for survivors and first responders in Turkey with field kitchens local chefs restaurants and food trucks.
- Mercy Corps: delivering essential supplies to impacted communities in Syria.
- International Rescue Committee (IRC): providing support to affected communities by providing hygiene supplies health care services creating safe spaces for women and children.
Crypto Community Rallies For Turkey-Syria
Crypto donations have pooled in with the global crypto community rallying support Over 9 million of crypto has already been donated for relief efforts for the areas most affected by this natural disaster Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin has sent around 250 ETH around 394 000 USD )to different earthquake relief organizations in this area The Tezos Foundation is also donating around 50 000 XTZ p >
< h2 >Disclaimer h 2 >
< p >This article is provided for informational purposes only It is not offered or intended to be used as legal tax investment or other professional advice p